Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR ITSELF

In my line of work I see people daily that are in despair. Some are hanging to that last string of hope, some have simply given up. When I say something like, "God has not forgotten you" or "It will get better" or anything like that, they seem to grimace in pain. Some immediately shut down and their dropped head and drooped shoulders secretly whispers what lingers in their mind and soul, "God doesn't care about me". I am guaranteed to hear the question daily, "What am I going to do" as the person's eyes hopefully search my face awaiting my answer. This is a challenging position to find yourself in. I often times feel like Peter when he spoke to the lame man in Acts 3:6, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have, give I thee..." Meaning, I don't have money to give you, nor do I have a tangible solution, but what I have to give you will keep you when money can't.

I believe that there is a terrorist on the loose and it lives amongst us. It lies dormant and just as 'sleepers', it awakes at the most inopportune time. I discovered the name of the terrorist and it is, FEAR. People are afraid. When 9/11 happened there was a seed planted throughout the land. Some think we have recovered and that it is just a mark in the timeline of US history. It is so much more. People may feel more safe due to the publicised efforts of Homeland Security, but there is a disparity that lingers. The majority have gotten over the fear that we are going to one day go out and be blown away by some type of bombing, but a new branch of fear came on the scene. This descendant of fear caused people to become afraid that they will now be blown away in the financial hurricane that brings floods of stress as they drown in debt. The Obama Administration is bringing a ray of hope, but the damage is done, and truthfully, some will never make it. There is a system that is more so now than ever before of "haves" and "have nots". Daily congressional laws are being implemented, employment trends set, and banking procedures revamped that will all contribute to a silent caste system. However, there is no need to fear these aspects. If we allow fear to dominate us, we will be debilitated and forever paralyzed. Even though we see things are a certain way, we must be determined not to succumb to our present circumstance whatever it may be. God sees and knows all and has plans for us. He also has given each of us a talent and gift that will provide for us. We must find what that gift is and apply it to our lives and not shy away from taking risk.

We can not put our worth in what job we hold or the material things we have obtained. President Franklin D. Roosevelt stated in his Inaugural Speech on March 4, 1933, "So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." He made this statement when the Nation was at its lowest. We were in the height of the Depression and it was a dark moment for all who lived in the US. It was amazing to me when I researched his speech that he said some of the same things that I aforementioned. This was 77 years, 1 month, and 3days ago. It was the same season, Spring. The Nation and all therein was on a crucial and pivotal period of birthing, as we are right now. I challenge you to remember that fear grips your every being and there truly is no need to fear. At this moment we should have already planned the next move for evolution and we should be implementing and executing this plan now. If you have not made the move, do it now. Don't be fooled by the scare tactics, instead, call FEAR's bluff and excel!

No comments:

Post a Comment