Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life Unpredicted

Last week I met with a client on Monday. We laughed and talked and he was so happy because I was able to help him fix a situation. He got up and kept telling me how I had made his day and how happy I made him. Then he said, "I am doing alright! Anything else that happens will be icing on the cake!" I laughed and watch him walk down the aisle with his "swag". I was informed today that this past Monday, a week from our encounter, this man was in a fatal accident and burned beyond recognition. Needless to say, I was devastated. I had shared a moment of this man's life. I brought happiness to his day, but little did he know that his icing would be the afterlife. Life is so unpredictable. I have thought about this situation all day. I wondered, how was I to contribute to him. Was I supposed to tell him about Christ even though I work in the confines of governmental employment? What really matters? We work our entire lives striving for a certain level of success for what? It isn't about us. It is about the Kingdom. I have had yet another wake up call.

2 comments:

  1. My sister, this touched me.....my goodness i have chills. But let me tell you this right now.....(Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father. Matthew 5:16)You did tell him about your Father but not in a verbal way, your kindness, your concern your caring were a little touch of Heaven for this man. Know that you did touch his life, know that you are a messenger for your father in your attitude, your smile, your personality. you were just what this man needed at that moment, encouragement inspiration and you gave him hope....don't doubt your messege no matter how you deliver it, you are speaking for your father. i love you viv take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I appreciate and receive every word you have written. I never thought about it in the way you so beautifully explained. "Don't doubt your message no matter how you deliver it" That phrase penetrated my inner being. I thank you for that. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete