Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cherish the Moments

It seems now more than ever that people are slipping away from this world. There are so many stories that plaster our newspapers and tv screens daily about tragic deaths and unfortunate accidents. There is no way of knowing who is promised tomorrow and because of this we should take special care about loving everyone we meet. I am a facebook junky, yes, I must admit. One day I thought about a guy that I grew up with. We lived side by side, but because of my mother's choice, we did not go to the same school. However, I used to watch him wash his car and watch him come and go. Occasionally, his sister and I would play and talk to others in the neighborhood. As time passed we all grew up and I saw the graduation celebration and even the young lady who eventually birthed his daughter. Time passed and life moved on and his parents 'moved on up' to better housing. I went off to school and eventually came back to that house for a while. As I laid on my bed the other day, I wondered, where is he? He was always very good eye candy to say the least. So I jumped on my old faithful, facebook, and commenced to tracking him down. As I began to search I found a high school memorial page and his name on the list. This couldn't be, I thought to myself. On one of the comments there was a young lady I knew that said this was her cousin. I inboxed her a message and she told me that it was unfortunately, my next door neighbor from years past. Wow, I was devastated. Not only had he passed away at such a young age, but he did through the hands of violence. He was murdered in another state and the killers have yet to be found and it has almost been a year. I sat there after handling my grief and thought about how so many persons I know have left this life. Then I began to think about those whom I care about who are still here. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. We never know when we will wake up for the last day. That is why we have to live life to the utmost. We have to savor every moment taking not one smile, laugh, or I love you for granted. We must live and love with all our hearts so that when our loved ones are gone, there will be no regrets. Live, laugh, love....

No comments:

Post a Comment