Thursday, September 30, 2010

Discovery

Today I had to do a presentation at work. I was so unnerved before presentation time. I felt like I wasn't prepared and my palms were sweating. IBS had kicked in because of my nerves. (TMI...I know. LOL!)I was running around the office trying to pull all the loose ends together. Time was my enemy. Then it was time to actually present. The adrenaline rush was unreal. I felt the heat from my head to my toes. I could feel the blood rush my face as I slipped in to character and delivered the goods. When I finished presenting and I got the feedback from my audience the satisfaction of knowing I nailed it by the looks on their faces and their comments was indescribable. When I went back to my office I could feel my body relaxing. My muscles were less tense. I could feel a cool breeze. You know, that feeling you have when you have built up tension and you gain relief and release in some form or fashion. That's the feeling I had. Kinda like childbirth too. I remember how it felt to finally let all of that go after holding it in for 9 months. (Whew, ok sorry for the flashback.) Anyway I got to thinking, (as you know I always do)I love this! I love the entire cycle. I love the nerves, the rush, the release. This is my passion. I discovered something that I absolutely love. I tapped into this discovery a couple of years ago when I was in full time ministry. I would have to run and rip and put on conferences and the apprehension, delivery, and successful completion of it would have my engines running. I felt invincible, cocky even! lol. So I got to thinking, why not pursue this. Why not do this kind of thing on my own terms? Yeah, why not? I guess we will have to see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment