Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who Has Time To Cry?

We all go through things in life that may lead to our hosting the infamous party. What party you may ask? None other than the classic pity party. Even the Bible says there is a time to laugh and a time to cry right? lol This morning I was all set. I knew that I couldn't go to work because of some other circumstances and I knew that I would have the entire day to just sulk. I invited Mr tissue, grabbed my Linus blanket(ok, so I haven't gotten a Snuggie YET), set the air on arctic and got ready to let the rivers of my pain seep from my eyes. Then I realized I had to iron a couple of pants for my kids uniform that I failed to do the night before. So I got that done. I thought maybe I would have a few minutes to run off in the corner and lick my wounds, but just then, my daughter's hair needed to be flat ironed. At this point, I got a little perturbed because I knew that their bus would be coming soon and I would have to wait at the bus stop with them. This caused the party to be postponed yet again. I mean who really wants a puffy red eyed mom waiting with them? (Especially not my first year at middle school, thinks she is in high school daughter!) Ok, the bus comes and I rush back home. I am thinking of all of the things that just aren't going right in my life and prepping myself for the pain to come. Wouldn't you know it, I had to take my friend to work. I figured since I was going that far away from home I might as well get dressed for the day. I took her to work and then I ran so many errands that exhaustion set in. By the time I returned home, I realized that I'm just too busy to have a pity party. I had a choice, get a good cry in before the bus comes to bring the kids home, or eat and take a nap. Yep, you guessed it! Tacos and power nap it was. Tom Hanks had a line in A League of Their Own that stuck with me. He said, "You're crying?... There's no crying in baseball!" I would like to tweak that just a little and say, "There's no crying in single parenting!" Needless to say, because I rain checked the impending pour down, I had an extremely productive day and I managed to make a lot of things happen with God's help!

No comments:

Post a Comment