Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weight

As I get older I have a better understanding of the things my mother said and the things she went through. I sometimes long for the opportunity to just talk to her and say, "I see what you mean now". I guess my understanding about health and well being has deepened as well. I have taken on a more serious consciousness about my health and about what I put in my body. I know exercise is good for you and it makes you feel really good. There are so many benefits to it, but why is it so hard to get into a habit or routine? These are the questions that I pose to myself. One time before I had a similar epiphany on losing weight and being healthy. I went to the gym everyday for a month and a half. I was so amazed at how awesome it made me feel. My mood was happier. I felt like I could run a marathon. (only in thought..lol) I slept better. It was such a wonderful feeling. I even saw results in my appearance. Then after all that hard work of cardio and toning I stepped on the scale and noticed I had only lost 6 lbs. Now, I heard all the talk that the loss is in inches and not necessarily weight. People told me not to get discouraged and that I was doing really good. I thought I was still motivated, but in retrospect, I think that seed planted a give up bug in me that I never recovered from. Well I have found the antidote for this bug. It is called, determination. When did I discover it you may ask? When I walked by a mirror and backed up and noticed that I did not recognize the person looking back at me! It could have been a couple of weeks ago when I climbed a flight of stairs and had to beg my knees for mercy. It doesn't matter which incident led to my epiphany. The point is, I refuse to live unhealthy. Not to worry, I'm not going to turn my blog into a weight loss chronicle, but I will share with you a few of my ups and downs on this meandering road to healthiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment