Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time On My Hands

It is about 3:55am and I am sitting here on my part time job. Yes, I know, it sucks right? I worked all day long from 7:20am - 5:00pm. When I left there I had to go get my kids, pay a few bills, feed them, and try my best to get a couple hours sleep to prepare for my midnight gig. Tonight isn't so bad. I must give partial credit to 5 hour energy. It has allowed me to stay alert and coherent and that is vital being that this position is security. I have done everything. I have a book that I am currently reading entitled, The 33 Strategies of War. This is a must read might I add to anyone viewing the blog. I am only in the first few pages but I am hooked already. My life has begun to transform with each turn of the page. I also have my arsenal of snacks (so much for that weight loss epiphany. lol) I have concluded to visit my local grocer to get healthier snacks for this around the clock battle. Lastly, I have been observing people as they come and go. I have been looking at them wondering what their story is. We all have one. I look and wonder why they work here and why they get out of their beds at such terrible hours to punch a clock and make just above minimum wage if that. I guess they are here for the same reason I am! Since I have all this time on my hands I figured I might as well make the best of it. I can continue writing my book and work on things that I have been longing to do. I can also submit more frequent entries to this blog! Hooray! Sometimes we are set up by God in the most peculiar way. I have four more hours to go. What will I do next? Hmmmm.....work maybe? LMBO! (oh and just in case you are questioning my work ethic, I did clear all of this extra activity with my supervisor. Turns out, it is all encouraged because they just want you to stay awake!) Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment