Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Hard Pill To Swallow

The older you get the more you learn different layers to age old teachings. What am I talking about now you ask? Well you know things like doing to others as you will have them do to you. There are juvenile lessons you learn from these sayings and then when you get older there are adult perspectives that are added. The one that I reflect on today is just the lesson about not worrying about being wronged. I have some issues with that. It is really just sinking in to me that people can do you wrong and they can go on with their life as if nothing happened. They will live their life and actually thrive. They will have success and at times will not suffer for the wrong they've caused in your life. I had passed this lesson before. Recently, however, I had to have a refresher course. I have been really thinking about the depth of this. True indeed God has grace and mercy and I believe that is what saves these people from feeling his wrath. Looking at my life personally I know there are people that I have wronged and I didn't necessarily get the what goes around comes around treatment. Everyone has a measure of freebies I guess. What about the ones that do you really dirty when you are innocent in the situation? Shouldn't they have to pay? I guess we have to let God do what He does because He knows what He is doing. I had to swallow this hard pill again lately. I had to realize that there are some people that have done me really wrong and they are living their lives as if they never knew me. I can't wish ill will on these people. I can only release them and live my life. For the record, I will have to crush this pill the next time I have to take it because this time around it seemed to be a horse pill! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment